Focus Area: Education
$292,500 - 11 Programs - 7 agencies
Quality education that can lead to a stable job.
A good education is fundamental to a quality life. Rappahannock United Way works to ensure that children are prepared for success in school and adults get the skills needed for employment.
2019 - 20 Education Funding
Parents and students develop behaviors that demonstrate the value of education and lead to graduation.
Children entering school demonstrate social readiness and literacy skills, knowledge, and ability.
Adults develop the skills necessary to secure and maintain employment.
Rappahannock United Way collaborates with local agencies and other partners to advance Education in our region. Our collaborative efforts include:
- 10 funded programs
- Early Childhood Educators Conference Sponsorship
- Youth First Conference Sponsorship
- One-on-One Future Business Event Sponsorship
- Member: Collaborative for Youth & Families
- Member: Smart Beginnings Rappahannock Area
Outcomes for Education:
- Birth to 5 years: Parents develop positive behaviors that support children (birth-5 years) in achieving developmental milestones.
- School Readiness: Children entering school demonstrate social readiness and literacy skills.
- School Success & Graduation: Parents and students develop behaviors that demonstrate the value of education and lead to graduation.
- Workforce Education: Individuals have the skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the changing workforce.
Stories of Education
Emmerie Torres knows from experience that saving money is important. In 2014 when she graduated from North Stafford High School, she wanted to go away to college…
Two local teachers are raving about a new Summer Learning Loss Prevention program. Find out why it’s such a hit with the kids, too…
When Tretel was in middle school, he didn’t think going to college was possible. Fear, lack of funds and circumstances made him feel it was a dream too difficult to achieve. Then, he joined a Rappahannock United Way program where he was able to overcome all of that…