File your taxes for free.
Is it really FREE?
YES! Anyone who has a household income of $66,000 or less is eligible. Although RUW’s Free Tax Prep program can assist with most returns, we must follow IRS guidelines and cannot prepare certain types of returns.
Read some important information from the IRS:
- Tax Payer Civil Rights
- What we can and cannot prepare: Scope of Service
- For volunteers: VITA/TCE Free Tax Program Mission & Volunteer Standards
Accomodations: Please contact Rappahannock United Way directly to request special accommodations at least ten (10) days prior to event date.
Full Service Returns
- Volunteers will help prepare and file your return at our tax site.
- Learn about special tax credits (Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled).
- Sites are located at community centers, libraries, schools, and the Rappahannock United Way building.
- Coached (FSA) locations allow you to use our computer and internet connection to prepare and file your taxes.
- A volunteer coach can answer questions while you work.
- No cost for software or coaching - it's completely free!
- Shorter wait times than Full Service Returns
Free Tax Preparation Assistance is offered in conjunction with the Rappahannock Region Financial Stability Coalition.