Financial Self-Reliance for Individuals and Households.
RUW focuses on helping individuals and households gain financial self-reliance through positive financial practices and employment. Our goal is to ensure that individuals have the skills needed to hold a steady job in today's workplace and to balance spending and savings with income.
2018-19 Financial Stability Funding
Families and households sustain financial self-reliance by obtaining and maintaining employment.
Families and households sustain self-reliance through positive financial practices.
Financial Stability Collaboration:
Rappahannock United Way collaborates with local agencies and other partners to advance Financial Stability in our region. Our collaborative efforts include:
- 9 funded programs
- RUW's Financial Stability Initiative
- Poverty Simulations
- Chamber of Commerce's "Game On" student event Sponsorship
- Free Financial Coach trainings for local organizations
- Lead Agency: Rappahannock Regional Financial Stability Coalition
- Americorps Literacy Corp
RUW Outcomes for Income:
- Positive Financial Practices: Families and households sustain financial self-reliance through positive financial practices.
- Employment: Families and households sustain financial self-reliance by obtaining and maintaining employment.
Rappahannock Region Financial Stability Coalition
Do you cringe when you think about filing your taxes?
If you use Rappahannock United Way’s FREE Tax Services Program this year, you might develop a whole new outlook on tax preparation. Just ask Koren Cole of Fredericksburg…
Ruther Glen resident Yvette Tramontano is a disabled Veteran and doesn’t really like to drive too far. She was thrilled to see a free tax service so close to her home…
Emmerie Torres knows from experience that saving money is important. In 2014 when she graduated from North Stafford High School, she wanted to go away to college…