Financial Self-Reliance for Individuals and Households.
RUW focuses on helping individuals and households gain financial self-reliance through positive financial practices and employment. Our goal is to ensure that individuals have the skills needed to hold a steady job in today's workplace and to balance spending and savings with income.
2018-19 Financial Stability Funding
Families and households sustain financial self-reliance by obtaining and maintaining employment.
Families and households sustain self-reliance through positive financial practices.
Financial Stability Collaboration:
Rappahannock United Way collaborates with local agencies and other partners to advance Financial Stability in our region. Our collaborative efforts include:
- 9 funded programs
- RUW's Financial Stability Initiative
- Poverty Simulations
- Chamber of Commerce's "Game On" student event Sponsorship
- Free Financial Coach trainings for local organizations
- Lead Agency: Rappahannock Regional Financial Stability Coalition
- Americorps Literacy Corp
RUW Outcomes for Income:
- Positive Financial Practices: Families and households sustain financial self-reliance through positive financial practices.
- Employment: Families and households sustain financial self-reliance by obtaining and maintaining employment.
Rappahannock Region Financial Stability Coalition
We’d like you to meet Caleb. He’s a senior at Stafford High School and has been accepted to Albright College where he’ll receive a presidential scholarship of $25,000 a year…
Ross only has one regret about Rappahannock United Way’s FREE Tax Preparation Program. He wishes he had known about the free service sooner…
Examining her monthly spending was an eye-opening experience for Carmen Midence. After learning some budgeting tips, she was able to help her family start saving more money…